About: Dr Lieb Liebenberg
Dr. J (Lieb) Liebenberg has been the CEO of ITSI since 2006. He has been involved in learning research and development since 2006 and has delivered academic papers on e-learning as well as published on the subject in peer-reviewed journals.
His first mobile learning project was MobiMath which provided Grade 10-12 Mathematics learners with videos and assessments on mobile phones.
As Project Director for the University of Pretoria’s Health Information Systems, Data Capturing Training for the National Department of Health, he was also responsible for the introduction and use of mobiles for post-training support to more than 2500 learners throughout South Africa.
Since 2010, Dr. Liebenberg has been involved in the conceptualisation and development of the ITSI Solution which allows teachers and schools to optimise teaching and learning for the 21st-century. The solution is used by more than 220 schools and thousands of teachers and learners from both the private and public sectors.
He is passionate about connecting technology and the learning brain, making learning visible and removing fragmentation from the classroom in an effort to prepare students for the challenges of the 21st-century.
He is a member of the International Association for Mobile Learning and regularly participates in conferences internationally and locally.
Posts by Dr Lieb Liebenberg:
- Why do Learning Styles, like bad habits, just not go away?, 25 Oct 2018 in Neuroscience
- Study Methods vs Brain Training – which is best, and why?, 20 Sep 2018 in Neuroscience
- Seeing the bigger picture – helping students find perspective, 21 Aug 2018 in Thought Leadership
- Neuro-power Strategies for Students: Flashcards, 30 Jul 2018 in Neuroscience
- Changing how we think, talk about and practice education, 14 Jun 2018 in Neuroscience
- Neuromyth: Digital Cocaine, 24 Apr 2018 in Thought Leadership
- Entrepreneurs of Learning, 13 Apr 2018 in Thought Leadership
- Neuromyth – We Only Use 10% of Our Brains, 22 Feb 2018 in Thought Leadership
- Three Ways to Ensure That Your Teaching is Even More Efficient in 2018, 23 Jan 2018 in Thought Leadership
- What is the Real Value of a Matric Certificate, 05 Dec 2017 in Thought Leadership