Professional Development Module 7: Practical Computer Skills for the classroom: Plug-in and play – Basic tech skills
Educators are expected to innovate, think critically and creatively whilst adding new technologies to keep learners engaged and prepare them for life in the 21st-century. This is a tall order for someone with limited knowledge on how to integrate their traditional lesson plans and technology.
Through this module, educators are provided with basic computer knowledge and empowered to align this with best practices in e-learning.
The topics covered include:
- Orientation: using computers for e-learning
- Internet connectivity: Wi-Fi and cable options
- The importance of digital security for your computer
- The function and necessity of e-learning operating systems
- The technological device components that are vital to e-learning
Duration: 2 hours
SACE endorsed: 5 CPTD Points